yety61
Global Vagabond

Oddometer: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72
I wonder what JLo's thinking atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo
I have to say that the bike was working quite well on the wet and the dry, I just had a bad race as a rider. My confidence wasn't great; I didn't want to crash like last year. I didn't have value enough like the other riders to go fast, it was a bad race for me. I would like to apologize with my team, the engineers and my fans because they all did their best but today it was definitely my worst race ever. In the dry I’m confident and not afraid of crashing but when it’s spitting maybe I have the memory of last year and I didn't have things clear in my mind. In future if something happens like this I hope to be more confident and less scared of crashing.

This statement is very telling of the current mentality of JLo, and it's something he'll need to work extremely hard at overcoming, otherwise I believe he's done. It's a slippery slope to be on with thoughts like that, it snowballs to the point where you get to the start line and can't breath properly and have blurred vision, not good.
Maybe he needs the summer break to start asap to have a holiday and recoup and regenerate a bit.
Just my thoughts for what it's worth.
yety61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:05 PM   #122
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,840
Credit where credit is due....

Old 06-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #123
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTLACE View Post
Credit where credit is due....

Westy rocked! And he held off a hard charging Vinales when it looked like he had no chance to do so. Respec'.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:10 AM   #124
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
I figure Vale has little to lose. 2nd place in the Championship is relatively meaningless. Beating the new king, heads up, a few times before calling it a day is meaningful.

From where I sit, it is impressive Vale still has anything left to even try to beat Marquez.

But today's race is an anomaly. Other than Marquez's invincibility, the rest means very little due to the conditions. Was more like a circus than a race with all the bike changing.

Agreed. But there were some pretty impressive for/against performances in that circus. Like this guy...Riding what is effectively a home made jobby, and is considered a nail even by CRT standards, he starts from pit lane about 2 seconds behind VR46, and finishes in front of..... (Yeah, he's an Aussie, but it wouldn't matter if he was from America, England or Uruguay,!, I'd be impressed by that ride.)

Bloody brilliant!!

Old 06-29-2014, 04:44 AM   #125
Jurassic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,037
I can't believe that dorna didn't do an interview (or show an interview anyway) with Parkes. That was a superb effort from him and Ant West, when the going gets tough etc........
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:27 AM   #126
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
I figure Vale has little to lose. 2nd place in the Championship is relatively meaningless. Beating the new king, heads up, a few times before calling it a day is meaningful.

From where I sit, it is impressive Vale still has anything left to even try to beat Marquez.
Yes, he certainly wants to win, but I think if he can't he still wants to be second. Unlike say, Lorenzo. And that's the difference.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:35 AM   #127
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,568
Parkes' post-race media release is towards the bottom of the pile on motomatters. It quotes him thus:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broc Parkes
"What a crazy race, I crashed on the warm up lap when somebody clipped my handlebar at the hairpin so I got back to the pits for my spare bike with slick tyres and had to start from pit lane. At the start it was still raining and I was even going to pull in because I was really slow but then the track dried fast and I was pushing like crazy on the slick tyres in the wet corners as I could see I was catching everyone. Even when I changed to the other bike my pace was still good. I would really like to thank the team for all their hard work."
So if I am reading this right, Parkes did the whole race on slicks.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:08 AM   #128
Jurassic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
Parkes' post-race media release is towards the bottom of the pile on motomatters. It quotes him thus:

So if I am reading this right, Parkes did the whole race on slicks.
Yeah, I'd read it that way as well. I'm just disappointed that they didn't do a post race TV interview with him (or if they did it wasn't posted on the MotoGP website anyway).
I'm kinda enjoying the new, almost humble Lorenzo but I think he'll be back to something approaching his old self before the season ends.
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:33 AM   #129
swimmer OP
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,360
I think for the first time this year I was almost hoping MM would win. When you put the effort into having a bike swap method that at least shows you are interested in something better than the standard way everyone else does it even when you are the fastest guy on the track you deserve to win.

NH was looking at a great result had the track stayed wet. Bummer.

Some harsh highsides in the Moto3 race. Miller and Fenati were probably the only ones with something for Alex M.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:57 AM   #130
flars
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
I think VR (almost) had the right idea about the tires at the start of the race. The full wets only worked for about three laps. With just a little more heat in the track, Rossi's set up would have worked and everyone would have been trying to chase him down. Everyone would have changed bikes (including VR) but Vale would have POSSIBLY had a decent lead after the swaps. Unfortunately, he found out on the warm up lap that the track was just a little too wet for the rear slick. You could see him saying 'faaack' when the rear kept trying to lead. The tires still tried to kill MM on his out lap after the swap...thank goodness for the long asphalt run off.
I found the TV work pretty poor this time. I guess they didn't have a clue which group to focus on in the motogp, so they kept bouncing around. Of course, they had a great pack to watch in moto3: eight bikes fighting for fourth place, with the positions changing every time they got to a corner That one high side looked like the guy stepped on a land mine. I thought he had gotten tboned it was so violent.
flars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #131
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,822
" That one high side looked like the guy stepped on a land mine "

you probably mean Niklas Ajo, the son of the founder of the Ajo team Aki Ajo? He's found some really serious speed lately, started from 3rd on the grid, but the bike still often seems to spit him off violently - he had the most massive highside in Barcelona, too (was 2nd at that time, on the last lap!) but that one he miraculously saved. This time he was not so lucky.
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:25 AM   #132
RhinoVonHawkrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,410
Assen on zee bucket list.

Can anyone stop M2?

Loved the move on lap 19 when he passed a guy on the outside.

And Dovi leading for a bit
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM
RhinoVonHawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:48 AM   #133
Mike Yanagita
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
I'm kinda enjoying the new, almost humble Lorenzo but I think he'll be back to something approaching his old self before the season ends.
It doesn't look like humility so much as being broken.

If he does start winning again, maybe he can figure out how to do it without acting like he's god's gift to motorcycle racing.
Mike Yanagita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:00 PM   #134
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,590
I'm sure Ant West wishes every race was a wet one
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:07 PM   #135
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Yanagita View Post
It doesn't look like humility so much as being broken.

If he does start winning again, maybe he can figure out how to do it without acting like he's god's gift to motorcycle racing.

+1. however, tied together in thinking he is god's gift is his ability to win. So, I don't think you get one without the other.

"The Howtostretch Handbook", a guide to stretching, free download
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote