ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Ridiculous streetbikes with 6 CPUs and too much horsepower (1050/1190/1290cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 06:39 PM   #31
Grizzlybear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
I had a slow leak on the rear recently right after I fitted a new Conti Trail Attack. Took the wheel off and shot around to the local car tyre place knowing they had a large tank that I could submerse the whole wheel in after I taped up the bearings. Sure enough bubbles coming from the area around the valve stem and from several spokes either side.

After I removed the tyre I noticed a small nick in the main rubber seal where the tyre pressure monitor had swung around and caught the rubber seal with its edge. Solution: I used a spare AirHawk seat bladder patch over the nick, problem solved. I knew it would work as I have been using a patched up Airhawk for years and the patch has never lifted but in the case of this repair, the tyre air pressure is going to act on the patch anyway to hold it firm which gives me total confidence in this repair. The tyre pressure has held up perfectly since.

Current rides: 2009 Triumph Scrambler, 2013 KTM Adventure 1190
Grizzlybear is offline   Reply With Quote