Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2014, 02:18 PM   #166
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,961
Dorna "In light of today's decimation of the motogp field by Marquez, in spite of the fact he started from pit row, Marquez will start from pit row for the rest of the season. He will ride his Moto2 bike from last year as well."

They don't want folks to lose interest.

"The Howtostretch Handbook", a guide to stretching, free download
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #167
ErikY.
Here, Now.

Oddometer: 2,398
Moto III delivers as usual. Binder Mahinder was on the job!
Again I'm still not drinking the Marquez Junior Kool Aid.

And new Save Of The Year goes to Livio Loi!

What can you say about Marc? Good god the last lap he's got it in the bag and he hammers it out on the edge anyway. I was laughing watching him!
Unreal.

And very happy for Jorge.
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:16 PM   #168
sailor22
Jay Pegg pusher

Oddometer: 377
Starting to root for MM to win them all. The pressure will continue to mount as he continues winning, but the young man is beyond talented and he looks like he just might be able to do it.
His pit crew looked bored in a few shots on Saturday, going for the win record might keep them motivated. DP and his crew look focused, determined and hungry. He is my pick for most likely to end the MM streak.

Yamaha certainly seems to be on their back foot a bit. Did someone finally get into Rossi's head the way he did so often to his rivals?

If the season ended today this would be the one most entertaining years in recent GP history.
sailor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #169
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor22 View Post

If the season ended today this would be the one most entertaining years in recent GP history.

swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #170
yety61
Global Vagabond

Oddometer: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by joef View Post
They could not re-set the suspension for dry race, the rear set up for dry the front would not accept the change. Whole race with an unbalanced bike. Front set up wet rear dry.
http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/late...w+Stefan+Bradl
Yes, I have read some race analysis, I understand what happened, but, I stand by what I said. To take the risk of changing the fork springs, shock, wheels and brakes on the grid, in such limited amount of time, when the pressure is really on and so much could go wrong, is a big call. Someone dropped a spacer changing the shock and they lost time finding it and ran out of time to change the fork springs. Such a small fumble.
A big risk when there is a bike in the pits already setup for the dry.

I truly hope it doesn't cost him his ride.
yety61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:54 PM   #171
yety61
Global Vagabond

Oddometer: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikY. View Post
Moto III delivers as usual. Binder Mahinder was on the job!
Again I'm still not drinking the Marquez Junior Kool Aid.

And new Save Of The Year goes to Livio Loi!

What can you say about Marc? Good god the last lap he's got it in the bag and he hammers it out on the edge anyway. I was laughing watching him!
Unreal.

And very happy for Jorge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor22 View Post
Starting to root for MM to win them all. The pressure will continue to mount as he continues winning, but the young man is beyond talented and he looks like he just might be able to do it.
His pit crew looked bored in a few shots on Saturday, going for the win record might keep them motivated. DP and his crew look focused, determined and hungry. He is my pick for most likely to end the MM streak.

Yamaha certainly seems to be on their back foot a bit. Did someone finally get into Rossi's head the way he did so often to his rivals?

^^^
This
yety61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:26 PM   #172
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 8,021
Only having one bike can be a big problem. That likely put the knife in Bradl's MotoGP career.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:33 PM   #173
OConnor
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,530
I think I see a Marquez Effect, everyone hanging off just a bit farther in the corners these days.
2000 SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:10 AM   #174
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
Only having one bike can be a big problem. That likely put the knife in Bradl's MotoGP career.

That was the mistake. He had his dry bike sitting waiting....
Old 07-14-2014, 03:13 AM   #175
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,833
anybody else think that most of the grid starting from pit lane exit was more than a bit dangerous? Glad they all got underway without crashes this time, but you can΄t have that many bikes start the race that close to each other.
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:09 AM   #176
NVTS
stupid hipster dufus

Oddometer: 619
Are we going to discuss the back marker in Moto2 who wouldn't get off the racing line? Last lap, no less.
NVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:53 AM   #177
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,510
at the start, they should have had someone at the end of pit lane lining them up in the order they came out of their pit box, I think if they put them in rows of two it might have been a little better, but honestly, these guys are the best in the world, and they didn't seem to have any problems with the hare scramble start.
what is the answer? delay the race so everyone can change bikes again? Dorna doesn't like to delay, they have live TV feed around the world. Maybe give everyone 5 minutes to decide what bike to ride? but then again, what if it started to rain again?
I think the rules that are in place now are pretty good, you get to change bikes, but if you do, you start from pit lane, it was just this one time that everyone decided to change bikes!
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:15 AM   #178
windmills
Gnearly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVTS View Post
Are we going to discuss the back marker in Moto2 who wouldn't get off the racing line? Last lap, no less.
That, I think the comms said, was the wildcard Nina Prinz. And it was a pretty spectacular bit of bad riding.
Certainly seemed to affect Vinales on the last corner, and others earlier in the lap.
Not quite sure what sanctions are applicable to wildcards?
Old 07-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #179
lrd2sea
Turned orange,...

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmills View Post
That, I think the comms said, was the wildcard Nina Prinz. And it was a pretty spectacular bit of bad riding.
Certainly seemed to affect Vinales on the last corner, and others earlier in the lap.
Not quite sure what sanctions are applicable to wildcards?
She appeared to have the least care in the world regarding the rule of the race, not even had any response to the complaints of fellow racers.

I suspect she enrages others on the highways constantly.

09 990 SM
09 F 650 GS twin (Sold)
lrd2sea is offline   Reply With Quote