Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #1
ZGirl OP
Girly Adventurer

Oddometer: 860
Public apology to Disco Stu & thanks to JBXC

To Disco Stu:

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry!!!

BUT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TuLBa-rgBk

If you will ever trust us to be at our assigned destination again, we owe you one. Dinner is on us.

Let me begin by saying that I started off on our ride without my phone, my camera or water. That has NEVER happened (and will not likely happen again).

Bill decided to take the old '86 Connie with the antique plate this morning.

We pulled up to the Wolf River Cafe (well, Bill coasted up to the Cafe). Before we could take our helmets off, the lady that used to own it, then bought it back came out to announce that they are no longer open on Sunday. She was only there for a catering event.

Oh well, for a few moments you will also have some scooter trash in front of the Cafe (sorry).

Bill thought it might be the J-Box but he had a spare and switched it out. No go.

By then JBXC pulled up and we talked while we (me and the mouse in my pocket / Bill) got the jumper cables out and then Bill waved them around while we talked and the bike started without the jump.

JBXC sent you a PM and we took off for the Mexican restaurant but at the first stop sign it died again. We pulled over to the gas station at the corner to see if cooling off and talking and more magic waving would work again, but it didn't.

At this point JBXC probably began to regret his decision to show up this morning because that is when the pushing to jump start the bike talk began.... (Thanks buddy, we are going to buy you dinner at the fine dining establishment of your choice).

First push, downhill "hey that wasn't so bad" we're on the road again.

Next stop sign. Bike dies at Macon and 196. Road is shredded, church folks getting out and heading home and smiling at the 3 crazy bikers on the side of the road.

First push; flat to slightly uphill.... nothing.
2nd push; Bill turned around and was slightly downhill..... nothing.
Third try back to flat / slightly uphill and he's off!!!!!!

To JBXC: Thanks again buddy, that is TWO dinners at the fine dining establishment of your choice.

Next stop sign has a gas station / deli (I use the term deli loosely). We called ROK and after a period of time and a few issues we have a tow truck on the way. JBXC hung in with us for far too much of his morning off to make certain we weren't left twisting in the wind.

To JBXC: You will never again buy food in our presence!

We are home. The wrecker driver was a friendly fellow that also rides.

At the end of the day we still have smiles for the miles.
ZGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #2
Marine By Choice
Sergeant 0311

Oddometer: 196
Lemonade from lemons

Great positive attitude during less than perfect moments.
Marine By Choice is offline   Reply With Quote