Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #76
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Oddometer: 2,304
How did the tire go flat? (I have the Tubliss system on my bike too)

Did the inner/rimlock tube go flat? Or did the tire get a puncture and the tire itself lost pressure? How did he fix it?

(Just curious, I like to be prepared for as many eventualities as possible, and I like to learn from others mistakes/experiences)

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #77
h2oboy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
How did the tire go flat? (I have the Tubliss system on my bike too)

Did the inner/rimlock tube go flat? Or did the tire get a puncture and the tire itself lost pressure? How did he fix it?

(Just curious, I like to be prepared for as many eventualities as possible, and I like to learn from others mistakes/experiences)
The high pressure inner tube went flat. I don't know the cause. He ended up putting a regular tube in his tire and ran that way the rest of the TAT.
h2oboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:58 PM   #78
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Oddometer: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oboy View Post
The high pressure inner tube went flat. I don't know the cause. He ended up putting a regular tube in his tire and ran that way the rest of the TAT.
Gotcha. That sucks. Thanks for the info, sorry for the hijack.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #79
h2oboy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
Gotcha. That sucks. Thanks for the info, sorry for the hijack.
No worries. I'm happy for the interaction, it shows me people are actually reading my drivel.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #80
adventurebound9517
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Please explain the GOOGLE picture thing, how is google involved?
Phillip
adventurebound9517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:43 PM   #81
h2oboy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurebound9517 View Post
Please explain the GOOGLE picture thing, how is google involved?
Phillip
Google has their own photo hosting like Photobucket. I hadn't used it before but I decided to give it a try. I uploaded all of my photos then tried to figure out how to get a link for this forum for each picture.
Photobucket is easy, you click on the picture then it gives you several different types of links to chose from depending on how you want to share that picture. Google wasn't as straightforward as that. I decided to go back to Photobucket.
While I was uploading to Photobucket I started getting messages from Google saying that "Auto Awesome" photos were added to my account. That's when I discovered that Google had combined several of my pics taken from the same location and made panoramic pics out of them. Auto Awesome also created the gif of Steve riding through the water after he had dropped his bike.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #82
adventurebound9517
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
[QUOTE=h2oboy;24757954]Google has their own photo hosting like Photobucket. I hadn't used it before but I decided to give it a try. I uploaded all of my photos then tried to figure out how to get a link for this forum for each picture.
Photobucket is easy, you click on the picture then it gives you several different types of links to chose from depending on how you want to share that picture. Google wasn't as straightforward as that. I decided to go back to Photobucket.
While I was uploading to Photobucket I started getting messages from Google saying that "Auto Awesome" photos were added to my account. That's when I discovered that Google had combined several of my pics taken from the same location and made panoramic pics out of them. Auto Awesome also created the gif of Steve riding through the water after he had dropped his bike.[/QUOTE

Thank you for the info.
adventurebound9517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #83
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,407
One of the more unique ride reports out there - great story
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:55 PM   #84
h2oboy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
One of the more unique ride reports out there - great story
Thanks TP
Old 08-03-2014, 11:01 PM   #85
h2oboy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Day 27 Monday June 30

Moab UT to Green River UT

This was going to be a short riding day but a longish day overall. Plan for today was to be squidly tourists then put on our gear and luggage and head out on the TAT to Green River.

First stop for the day, Maverick. Breakfast of champions served in style.

After we fueled ourselves up we head for Arches NP.

First stop .

This kinda reminded me of the Sphinx

The Windows

Steve in the Window Sill

A deer just eating away and not having a shit to give.

That was about all of the sight seeing we did.

We headed back to the hotel and started getting packed up. This is where Brian discovered that my muffler had been popped off of its mounting bracket. They are supposed to be held together with 4 rivets but those rivets were no where to be found. There was less than a 1/2" gap between the bracket and pipe. Luckily I was carrying some stainless steel zip ties. I used 3 of them to hold the pipe on. 1 on the leading edge of the bracket, 1 on the trailing edge of the bracket and one to keep those 2 from spreading apart from each other. No pics of that. I know, I know, I suck.

Loaded up the luggage and headed out in search of the TAT. The Brits were playing their game again, actually this was a different version of it. This was, "That's our road over there, how do we get to it?"

We eventually got into the dirt. It was a fun little thing. Then we got into a little bit technical stuff. That was even more fun. We had to wait a few times while people regrouped after taking naps.

Taking a break in the shade.

Kevin's bike had taken a nap at one point after our break and I was hanging back with him ensuring we both had a buddy to document any more such occurrences. Unfortunately no more sleepy bikes. The rest of the guys had put quite a gap between our two groups now.

Kevin and I realized that both of us had GPSKevins route on our GPS which did not help us in this spot seeing as we were on Sams route at the moment.
Guess I get to break out my Boy Scout Tracking skills. That's skills I learned as a Boy Scout, not skills for tacking Boy Scouts.

I'm following a group of 3 tire tracks which eventually come to a fork in the track. I decide to continue following the group of 3 tracks but my decision right now is to pick which group of 3 to follow....../facepalm....they go off in different directions.
I decide to follow the ones that head toward the highway that we had be paralleling for the most part. The highway is up higher and I figure it would at least give us a vantage point to look for dust if they weren't there.

Well they weren't there and as we were deciding that one of us would stay in this location and the other would run down the highway to where GPSKevins track was on eof the guys rode up from that direction. Yay, we're saved. Well at least not having to waste more time looking for each other while the day is getting hotter.

From this point on to Green River the TAT was kind of a let down. I'm sure it had nothing to do with all of the awesome riding we had done the last couple of days.
This was a graded road that had some sandy sections but nothing special.

We did come across what appeared to be slightly green sandy landsacape.

That was kinda wierd.

Doesn't look very green in this pic but trust me, we all thought it looked greenish.

From there it was a short ride into Green River. We got all checked into our hotel, showered up and went for dinner.

This was going to be my last supper with the guys. I had made plans to spend the 4th of July with friends from Portland. I was planning on getting home late on the 2nd so I had one day of rest before heading up to the Olympic peninsula with my friends. This meant I had 2 days to make it home.

Tomorrow - Super Slab

I knew I was going to be torturing myself with the ride home but I was having to much fun with my new friends to leave any sooner.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #86
PlznMySoul
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176

Awesome ride report! Thank you for taking us along for the adventure.

PlznMySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #87
Kiko
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,633
Well ridden and well written, read all this morning,

Thanks.
Kiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:40 AM   #88
Dubl-A
SuckerDucker

Oddometer: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlznMySoul View Post

Old 08-04-2014, 01:31 PM   #89
h2oboy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlznMySoul View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
Well ridden and well written, read all this morning,

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubl-A View Post
Thanks guys.

Looks like my RR was too popular for the free Photobucket account. It's now upgraded so all the photo's should be visible again.

Enjoy
Old 08-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #90
GeauxBiker
Aventurero motocicle

Oddometer: 74
Really enjoyed this ride report; almost felt like I was there. Appreciate Thrice sharing it. Matt, you did an awesome job of putting together your narrative and pix in a way that captivated my interest for most of this evening. Hoping to retrace some of the ground you covered after I retire in December. Will be headed to PV or maybe the Yucatan on my KLR. One thing I noticed was that you appeared to have packed much lighter than many. I know you took camping gear part of the way, but you definitely went on the light side, judging from your pix. My list will probably require panniers, a knapsack, tank bag, and God knows what else. Kidding! I need to pare my list down. Again, thoroughly enjoyed your post. BTW, I once was publisher of the newspaper in DeRidder, one of a number of pubs I ran in SW La. Have some relatives over there as well. Lots of pine trees. Not much else.