Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2014, 02:04 PM   #61
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N

Oddometer: 8,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
It's on the internet, so it must be. Oh,and my Avast AV program says it blocked an infection from that site. Just an FYI.
I use Norton 360 and it didn't say a thing. But then I once linked to a webpage from here, which Norton claimed was OK, and got temp banned for bad code so...

best beware of linking...
Guns don't kill people, people kill people but people with guns manage to kill more people than people without.
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #62
florabama rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
There is a whole thread named "Fucking Harleys" in Jo Momma". This ought to tell you something.
florabama rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #63
aalexander
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by catweasel67 View Post
How many of you believe this is real?
Dunno. You saying that it isn't? What's your basis? I have no idea myself, and I hadn't heard of this until I opened up his thread, but it seems like The OP has noticed riders making a point of doing this, so the article seems to be consistent with what he's observed.

And for those telling him stop obsessing about it, He's not. The op noticed a phenomena he didn't understand and asked about it. That's not obsessing.

What do I know, though? I ride in Alaska and almost everyone waves, including Pirates and crotch rocketeers. I do the noob/geek wave, but I do it with both arms simultaneously. I've crashed a couple of times because of that but it's a small price to pay for communicating my enthusiasm.

I'm thinking of getting two of those spring mounted neon plastic "waving hands" and attaching them to my milk crate so everyone gets waved at.
aalexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #64
henshao
Bained

Oddometer: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalexander View Post
I do the noob/geek wave, but I do it with both arms simultaneously. I've crashed a couple of times because of that but it's a small price to pay for communicating my enthusiasm.
First things first, second things second, make me feel welcome but don't kill yourself bro!
henshao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #65
RustyStuff
Studly Adventurer

My favorite is the raised arm peace sign.

I don't over think this, if it's safe, i'll wave however the hell i feel like waving. Otherwise i just give them a 'whats up' nod.

I even get waves from chicks in jeeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalexander View Post
D
I'm thinking of getting two of those spring mounted neon plastic "waving hands" and attaching them to my milk crate so everyone gets waved at.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:04 PM   #66
CharlieT
old school

Oddometer: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenerefeller View Post
That's cause they know naked gold wings are the coolest! I wave the hardest when it's pissing rain sideways in December and I see another rider, because I know that we are both stupid/nuts/kindred spirits or whatever and maybe because we could become blood brothers if the temp dropped another point or two!
I've noticed that over the years. Here in Michigan, virtually everyone on any kind of a bike from November thru March that is on a bike waves at any other bike that they may encounter. Only hardcore riders are on the road that time of year and there seems to be a mutual respect for each other.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checke...22319847810910
CharlieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:51 PM   #67
Vanishing Point
A very sad panda

Oddometer: 3,155
I've started doing the making a sign of the cross thing like I'm blessing them. It has gotten a few double takes. I'm hoping it takes off as the latest fad.
Vanishing Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #68
VTphoneman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
I've given up waving to non-helmet wearers, cruiser or sport bike. Not enough return.

The ones that blew me away was during bike week and about 3 different cruisers waving across the median on the highway. I felt bad they surprised me so much I didn't get a wave off.

Edit: I do also try to wave to scooter riders as often as I can, hope it makes up a little for all the flack they might take.
VTphoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #69
Rgconner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenerefeller View Post
Only if we're on hoth!
Or Canada.

Same thing.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:23 PM   #70
acesandeights
Asperger

Oddometer: 3,756
Anytime I see a bike that is better than mine, which is most since I ride a DR650, I do the "jazz-hands" thing. I take both hands off the bars and wave them wildly. Seems to make me feel better if no one else. Thanks for listening and I hope that helps, indeedy!

I'll die with this hammer in my hand.
acesandeights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:52 PM   #71
scotteroni
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
I stopped worrying about hand wave manners 60,000 miles ago.
scotteroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:03 PM   #72
BeemerBT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
I not only wave to everybody, but I also yell to ask them what kind of oil they use.

Sent from this little square thing that makes noises and lights up.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:35 AM   #73
390beretta
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,132
I like to wave, but it must be done in a "cool" manner: Proper cool wave is to drop the left hand from the grip, now lower than the grip and extend your index finger, or your index finger and the next finger (important not to extend the next finger by itself). But hey, let's just get it out in the open: Most Harley riders are Dicks. They're almost all really old, don't wave, mostly because they're afraid to take one hand off the handlebars. They're also really shitty riders, mostly because they only ride on Sundays when it's not raining and they're used to being encumbered by some fat cow who's squirming around on the back. There: I said it and I'm glad!
Old 07-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #74
badgerone
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Ya know back when I started riding I was really excited about waving. Now there's just so many people out riding all the time I just don't feel that excited about waving to them.

Until I see somebody with hard luggage or the marks of hard miles on their bike. Then I get all excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
badgerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #75
henshao
Bained

I got all of ya beat. If I see another bike going the other way I ramp over the median, hit a u-turn and trail the bastard until I can personally greet them and treat them to a personally prepared filet Mignon.
henshao is offline   Reply With Quote