User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2014, 09:15 PM   #1
Taylormadeknives OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
2 week trip!

My first time doing a trip this far, so I am super excited! My wife and I took off Friday morning from NW Arkansas on our 2009 Yamaha FJR. We aren't running any interstates at all, just hitting the backroads and soaking it all in. We went north into Western Missouri, then jogged on over into America's heartland Kansas! I've never seen Kansas like this. Only from a pickup on the interstate. It's beautiful in its own way.

We made it into Nebraska City, Nebraska and decided to call it a night. We haven't made any reservations, so we are just winging it as we go. We stopped at a beautiful lodge called The Lied Lodge for the night and absolutely loved it. If you ever get a chance to stay there you won't regret it.

This morning we headed out towards South Dakota and seen parts of Nebraska that was also beautiful in its own way. The northern part of the state has rolling hills filled with cedars. We loved it! We rolled into South Dakota this afternoon after 480 miles. I will keep this thread going as we make progress. Our final destination is Glacier National Park, Montana

We will be going through the Badlands tomorrow followed by the Black Hills. We plan on riding through Custer National Park and riding on the Needles Highway and a few others. I'm excited to see America from my FJR with my beautiful wife as my passenger

Taylormadeknives is offline   Reply With Quote