ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2014, 10:12 AM   #256
KX50002
NooB, my ass
 
KX50002's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: NEPA
Oddometer: 1,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxmike View Post
one more thing about my speeding exploits. I get that shit honestly. when I was in high school we flew out to So-Cal to pick up my dads 55? birthday present to himself and drive it back home grizwald style. it was a 2wd lowered big block suburban with a supercharger that made 550hp to the wheels. we got stopped I think 5 times on our way back to PA once we were clocked at 120. cop asked if he knew how fast he was going and he said yep I had the cruse control set at 120! cop just laughed and told him to slow it down.

shit just 1 or 2 years ago he got two tickets in 45 minutes on his way to NY for a wedding. not six months ago he got pinched in the same spot I got that ticket that started my involvement in this thread. we were on our way to meet a client and I told his ass to slow down and not 5 min later we are on the side of the road.
So it's a genetic thing..... like a... disease, IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!!!!!
__________________
SOTGMOTT Some Of The Gear Most Of The Time
KX50002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:17 AM   #257
Ernest T
Studly Adventurer
 
Ernest T's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Salado, TX
Oddometer: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by KX50002 View Post
So it's a genetic thing..... like a... disease, IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!!!!!

thank God for that!
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:49 PM   #258
dbarale
Squiddly slow
 
dbarale's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Western NC
Oddometer: 1,230
First off, I am surprised of how long this thread has remained mostly civil...

Secondly, if you feel like the ticket you are receiving is unjust or plain wrong, do not argue it roadside. Think about it, if an officer is really pulling this kind of crap it's because his/her immediate supervisor is turning a blind eye. Wait till you get home, or the following day, to report it. If you have to, go to court.

I know a lot of people believe that cops cover up for each other, it may have been true 30 years ago but not so much anymore. Bad cops need to be weeded out as quickly as possible so they don't contaminate others... And those cops with a god syndrome are also often a-holes to other cops too, so they won't get a lot of sympathy.
dbarale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:25 PM   #259
Jud
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jud's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: N.E. Ga. USA
Oddometer: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarale View Post
I know a lot of people believe that cops cover up for each other, it may have been true 30 years ago but not so much anymore.
We will have to agree to disagree on that one. I've seen it repeatedly, if anything it seems to be getting worse due to litigation concerns.
__________________
Pics- http://s563.photobucket.com/albums/s...eon/?start=all
Places visited on two- http://s563.photobucket.com/albums/s...0two%20wheels/
Endeavor to Persevere
Blue Skies Coming
Jud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:36 PM   #260
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Phoeniz, AZ
Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarale View Post
First off, I am surprised of how long this thread has remained mostly civil...

Secondly, if you feel like the ticket you are receiving is unjust or plain wrong, do not argue it roadside. Think about it, if an officer is really pulling this kind of crap it's because his/her immediate supervisor is turning a blind eye. Wait till you get home, or the following day, to report it. If you have to, go to court.

I know a lot of people believe that cops cover up for each other, it may have been true 30 years ago but not so much anymore. Bad cops need to be weeded out as quickly as possible so they don't contaminate others... And those cops with a god syndrome are also often a-holes to other cops too, so they won't get a lot of sympathy.
I tend to agree with you. I've had two very good friends who were LEOs. And know a couple more who are moto-cops. They were/are great people who have a tough job. The person who posted directly after your post, may not realize the "pressure" and $$$$ that can come from, sometimes friviouus law suits: All it takes is a shyster attorney and a minority, combined with a lot of liberal public opinion to make it happen: And of course along with that can come a LOT of pressure from City Hall onto the individual officer.
__________________
I came into this world kicking, crying and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem leaving the same way.
390beretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:41 PM   #261
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Phoeniz, AZ
Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud View Post
We will have to agree to disagree on that one. I've seen it repeatedly, if anything it seems to be getting worse due to litigation concerns.
Not disagreeing with you Jud....please read my post.
__________________
I came into this world kicking, crying and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem leaving the same way.
390beretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:45 PM   #262
Human Ills
Useful Idiom
 
Human Ills's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: South (Dog help me) Bay
Oddometer: 23,031
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 390beretta View Post
I tend to agree with you. I've had two very good friends who were LEOs. And know a couple more who are moto-cops. They were/are great people who have a tough job. The person who posted directly after your post, may not realize the "pressure" and $$$$ that can come from, sometimes friviouus law suits: All it takes is a shyster attorney and a minority, combined with a lot of liberal public opinion to make it happen: And of course along with that can come a LOT of pressure from City Hall onto the individual officer.
This is just as much a csm comment as the one you refer to.

It is a comment begging for a response.
__________________
that guy is in for an awakening from people who will ride all dammed day for a sandwich-eatpasta
Human Ills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:59 PM   #263
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Phoeniz, AZ
Oddometer: 1,134
Sorry Human, CSM???? Not sure what that means, but then I'm older and un-cool. If you thought my comment about "minority" was a slam, it wasn't. Just that that makes the soup so much better for a shyster lawyer......Oh, shit, not all lawyers are shysters either......of screw it!
__________________
I came into this world kicking, crying and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem leaving the same way.
390beretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:00 PM   #264
riverflow
Adventurous Commuter
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: Danville/Louisville, KY
Oddometer: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud View Post
We will have to agree to disagree on that one. I've seen it repeatedly, if anything it seems to be getting worse due to litigation concerns.
I'm concurring with this. Currently taking a justice admin class about law enforcement. Look up the blue wall of silence and police personality.

The real issue though, is the failure of the leadership to prosecute their officers.
This appears to be an older edition of our textbook.

And here are some Harvard materials
__________________
-Tyler
'05 BMW F650 GS Dakar

"There is no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes" ~ Billy Connolly.
riverflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:06 PM   #265
Human Ills
Useful Idiom
 
Human Ills's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: South (Dog help me) Bay
Oddometer: 23,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by 390beretta View Post
Sorry Human, CSM???? Not sure what that means, but then I'm older and un-cool. If you thought my comment about "minority" was a slam, it wasn't. Just that that makes the soup so much better for a shyster lawyer......Oh, shit, not all lawyers are shysters either......of screw it!
CSM stands for church, state and money. It's the subforum where we're given more latitude to hash these concepts out.

Suffice to say, there is major disagreement among reasonable people over the premise of your post.
Few want to see csm type discussions in this subforum, but it's very tempting for someone who disagrees with the premise you presented to not let it stand unchallenged.

Then the discussion becomes less than civil
__________________
that guy is in for an awakening from people who will ride all dammed day for a sandwich-eatpasta
Human Ills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:11 PM   #266
kojack06
Gnarly Adventurer
 
kojack06's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Temple, TX
Oddometer: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by 390beretta View Post
Sorry Human, CSM???? Not sure what that means, but then I'm older and un-cool. If you thought my comment about "minority" was a slam, it wasn't. Just that that makes the soup so much better for a shyster lawyer......Oh, shit, not all lawyers are shysters either......of screw it!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...rime-open-pot/

Seattle is a mess now because of libs. Obama Mussolini is depolicing our borders and the Seattle PD is no longer doing proactive policing because the libs are using "social justice "in the court system and not prosecuting laws they "disagree "with and not prosecuting minorities. So, why bother writing a citation when you know it will be thrown out and the officer falsely accused and slandered? I support what the Seattle PD is doing. Since obama Mussolini is not enforcing laws on our border there is nothing wrong with the Seattle PD doing same.
kojack06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:13 PM   #267
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Phoeniz, AZ
Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Ills View Post
CSM stands for church, state and money. It's the subforum where we're given more latitude to hash these concepts out.

Suffice to say, there is major disagreement among reasonable people over the premise of your post.
Few want to see csm type discussions in this subforum, but it's very tempting for someone who disagrees with the premise you presented to not let it stand unchallenged.

Then the discussion becomes less than civil
CSM, thanks for the clarification......
__________________
I came into this world kicking, crying and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem leaving the same way.
390beretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:16 PM   #268
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM
 
Mr_Gone's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Mountain Home, AR
Oddometer: 7,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack06 View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...rime-open-pot/

Seattle is a mess now because of libs. Obama Mussolini is depolicing our borders and the Seattle PD is no longer doing proactive policing because the libs are using "social justice "in the court system and not prosecuting laws they "disagree "with and not prosecuting minorities. So, why bother writing a citation when you know it will be thrown out and the officer falsely accused and slandered? I support what the Seattle PD is doing. Since obama Mussolini is not enforcing laws on our border there is nothing wrong with the Seattle PD doing same.
Please take this shit to CS&M.
__________________
Behold the field in which I grow my fucks | Lay thine eyes upon it and see that it is barren!
Mr_Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:18 PM   #269
Jud
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jud's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: N.E. Ga. USA
Oddometer: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverflow View Post
I'm concurring with this. Currently taking a justice admin class about law enforcement. Look up the blue wall of silence and police personality.

The real issue though, is the failure of the leadership to prosecute their officers.
This appears to be an older edition of our textbook.

And here are some Harvard materials
I have a couple of good friends who are cops. These two are really pretty good folks and even they say it's hard to be the "goat" who turns their "brethern" in. One directly told me that he doesn't rely on the civilian that gets screwed because his buddy is an alpha male a-hole,,,,, he does however rely on that alpha male a-hole and his other alpha male a-hole buddies to help him if the SHTF. He says it's not a good thing at all to alienate your "Thin Blue Line". He said it's bad but that it's life.
__________________
Pics- http://s563.photobucket.com/albums/s...eon/?start=all
Places visited on two- http://s563.photobucket.com/albums/s...0two%20wheels/
Endeavor to Persevere
Blue Skies Coming
Jud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:42 PM   #270
Thanantos
Ride hard.
 
Thanantos's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Oddometer: 3,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_gone View Post
please take this shit to cs&m.
+1

The irony is, much like religious proselytizers, this dude will never get that he's not helping his cause. He's just hurting it and being an asshole to boot.
__________________
2013 V-Strom

Thanantos screwed with this post 07-31-2014 at 06:47 PM
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014