Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2014, 06:49 PM   #271
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
Please take this shit to CS&M.
He's like the clap, just when you think it's gone... BAM, it's back!

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:59 PM   #272
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
Please take this shit to CS&M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
+1

The irony is, much like religious proselytizers, this dude will never get that he's not helping his cause. He's just hurting it and being an asshole to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
He's like the clap, just when you think it's gone... BAM, it's back!
I said please.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:37 AM   #273
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,122
OK guys, as the OP, I'm starting to see the original question I posed starting to turn into a political, lib vs conservative, cop-bashing mob fest. Not what I had intended. Can we please get back to the original question? Thanks
Old 08-01-2014, 06:39 AM   #274
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N

Oddometer: 8,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by 390beretta View Post
OK guys, as the OP, I'm starting to see the original question I posed starting to turn into a political, lib vs conservative, cop-bashing mob fest. Not what I had intended. Can we please get back to the original question? Thanks

The question's been answered a dozen times already or did you not read any of the saner responses?
Guns don't kill people, people kill people but people with guns manage to kill more people than people without.
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:45 AM   #275
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catweasel67 View Post
The question's been answered a dozen times already or did you not read any of the saner responses?
Well, excuse me all to hell! In case you need help interpreting my post, I was trying to steer everyone away from the political BS that seems to be the direction the thread is taking. And yes, I have read every post and you're right, I believe the orig. question was answered.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #276
aldend123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
Quote:
But this thread can still serve as open discussion for other questions, can't it? Surely there's already a cop bash thread in the csm section.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:50 AM   #277
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
Surely there's already a cop bash thread in the csm section.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=883071
Old 08-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #278
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

I'd be curious whether police officers get "briefed" on court decisions. How many times have we seen YouTube videos of photographers being harassed/threatened/arrested for taking photos in public, when there have been numerous court decisions ruling that photographers can photograph anything "in public" where a reasonable person has no expectation of privacy?

Do police officers get that memo stating: do not harass or threaten or arrest photographers for taking photos in public?
Old 08-01-2014, 12:23 PM   #279
dmaxmike
former quadtard.

Oddometer: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by KX50002 View Post
So it's a genetic thing..... like a... disease, IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!!!!!
i don't know I will post back up in 16 years or so when my little girl gets behind the wheel. you can bet your ass she will be going to rally school when she gets her permit and will know how to drive better then the instructor when she goes to take her driving test.
dmaxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:25 PM   #280
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by 390beretta View Post
Well, excuse me all to hell! In case you need help interpreting my post, I was trying to steer everyone away from the political BS that seems to be the direction the thread is taking. And yes, I have read every post and you're right, I believe the orig. question was answered.
Annnnnd beretta for the win!!!!!
ghostryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #281
riverflow
Adventurous Commuter

Oddometer: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud View Post
He says it's not a good thing at all to alienate your "Thin Blue Line". He said it's bad but that it's life.
Yeah. You can't just turn your teammates in when you rely on them to cover your back. Which brings us back to the "us vs them" mentality in cops. Do they protect themselves or the citizens? All in all, it's a vicious cycle and we don't have any leadership willing to intervene and attempt to break it.

The problem with "us vs them" is it alienates the police from the community and they can never receive the information they need to prevent crimes. Community Oriented Policing & Intelligence Led Policing to become proactive rather than reactive. Anyway, I digress. Too much to cover in this thread. Really interesting though.

"There is no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes" ~ Billy Connolly.
riverflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:28 PM   #282
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverflow View Post
Yeah. You can't just turn your teammates in when you rely on them to cover your back. Which brings us back to the "us vs them" mentality in cops. Do they protect themselves or the citizens? All in all, it's a vicious cycle and we don't have any leadership willing to intervene and attempt to break it.

The problem with "us vs them" is it alienates the police from the community and they can never receive the information they need to prevent crimes. Community Oriented Policing & Intelligence Led Policing to become proactive rather than reactive. Anyway, I digress. Too much to cover in this thread. Really interesting though.
Hey River,

I firmly believe that the "us vs them" thing is an enigma without feet. By that I mean it was started by an idiot with low verbal skills.....or possibly by the media, same difference. I truly believe that "cops" make connections with "citizens"....felon, or traffic stops, one person at a time. In the case of felons...if threatening you, don't hesitate. In the case of the rest of us, let us see your human side; including your humor. I've had three close friends who were cops, very funny guys, but maybe I just appreciate that kind of humor.
Be Safe!
Old 08-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #283
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

Oddometer: 22,964
See what I mean?
Old 08-01-2014, 07:08 PM   #284
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Ills View Post
See what I mean?
Human.....no dis intended but what the fuck are you talking about?
Old 08-01-2014, 07:33 PM   #285
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,070
Quote:
No one's making you read this thread. So how but you stop telling people WTF to do.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote