User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2014, 09:49 PM   #391
vecchio Lupo
Diplomatico Di Moto

Oddometer: 468
Language

I speak fluent. Italian and just enough French and German to be polite. Spanish is the number one language to pick up in the USA.

The Swiss irritate me more than most because they are so opinionated, yet their whole national identity is based on not getting involved.

Moto Guzzi, going out of business since 1921
"Remember, Italian motorcycles are like Italian women, sometimes they stab you for no reason."
vecchio Lupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:24 PM   #392
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

Oddometer: 23,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecchio Lupo View Post
The Swiss irritate me more than most because they are so opinionated, yet their whole national identity is based on not getting involved.
I can dig it
Old 08-12-2014, 07:03 PM   #393
riverflow
Adventurous Commuter

Oddometer: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTortoise View Post
Btw, since you mentioned education (guessing you are a student), go take a criminal justice class for fun. There is a ton of research on every aspect of policing from Robert Peel to the modern day. All of those CJ PhDs have to research something, you'd be surprised. A lot of this stuff is discussed in the classes.

Check out http://www.nij.gov They (national institute of justice)publish a lot of research.
That's EXACTLY what I'm doing Intro to Law Enforcement class, and my professor is awesome. After working counter-intellgence for the army for years, he's fronting the "bringing intelligence into policing" battle. I would like to take some more JA classes in the future. Very relevant, interesting, and surprising information (about how we do most everything ineffectively).

"There is no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes" ~ Billy Connolly.
riverflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:01 PM   #394
firemanonabike
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by henshao View Post
T, because I would rather hand you the CCW, then tell you I'm armed...than tell you I'm armed, then hand you the CCW. Or worse, walk back to your car and run my plates or whatever, and find out I have a CCW the hard way, when I was armed the whole time and could have told you up front. Most of us who actually like the police at all would prefer to avoid alarming you with "I got a gun!.....But don't worry I got my paperwork around here somewhere..."
In Oregon, your CCW is flagged with your driver's license. A fact that I was reminded of by a Gresham cop. He also said to make sure whether I was carrying or not, and if stopped by a Portland cop, to give him my CCW. He said most Portland cops are not in favor of private citizens being armed. When I have been stopped, all the cops have asked if I was carrying. I always carry and I tell them the gun is in my briefcase, unlocked.

One night, my access code to a business did not work, but my key did. I ignored the burg alarm and walked around and turned on all the lights. When a cop arrived, I asked him to come in. He refused and asked me to come out. I did and the 2nd cop arrived. He asked for my Id and I immediately gave my CCW, DL. and a business card. We talked a bit, they left, and I went back to work, burg still making noise. I like it when a cop shows up where we are working. I want them to know who we are and the hours we work. I want them to recognize we work odd hours and late at night. I let them know they are welcome to walk in and check the presmises.,
firemanonabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #395
ttpete
Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer: 5,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanonabike View Post
In Oregon, your CCW is flagged with your driver's license. A fact that I was reminded of by a Gresham cop. He also said to make sure whether I was carrying or not, and if stopped by a Portland cop, to give him my CCW. He said most Portland cops are not in favor of private citizens being armed. When I have been stopped, all the cops have asked if I was carrying. I always carry and I tell them the gun is in my briefcase, unlocked.

One night, my access code to a business did not work, but my key did. I ignored the burg alarm and walked around and turned on all the lights. When a cop arrived, I asked him to come in. He refused and asked me to come out. I did and the 2nd cop arrived. He asked for my Id and I immediately gave my CCW, DL. and a business card. We talked a bit, they left, and I went back to work, burg still making noise. I like it when a cop shows up where we are working. I want them to know who we are and the hours we work. I want them to recognize we work odd hours and late at night. I let them know they are welcome to walk in and check the presmises.,
Sounds like Portland PD are a bunch of Neanderthals, same as Chicago PD. Considering the hoops that private citizens have to jump through in order to be licensed to carry, they should be happy to have upstanding honest citizens on their side.
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
ttpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #396
PT Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
Sounds like Portland PD are a bunch of Neanderthals, same as Chicago PD. Considering the hoops that private citizens have to jump through in order to be licensed to carry, they should be happy to have upstanding honest citizens on their side.
Really?

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...-with-his-gun/

"According to the record in Krauss’ trial, the former officer was dispatched to the home of a woman who called 911 alleging that her husband had hit her. Rather than arresting the husband, however, Krauss asked the victim to ride with him in his police car. Once she was in his car, “Krauss told the victim that he could take her to jail if he wanted to” or, if she did not want to be arrested, she could have sex with him instead. Krauss’ words, according to the court opinion, were “[w]e can go to the motel or you can go to jail.” At the motel, Krauss drew his service weapon and told the woman that he wanted to anally penetrate her with the gun.

"...the Georgia State Board of Pardons and Paroles restored Krauss’ right to carry a firearm. According to a Journal-Constitution tally, he is one of 358 violent felons who regained these rights over a six year period. That includes 32 violent felons who killed someone, and 44 who committed sex crimes. One man regained his right to own a gun in 2012 after serving a 10 year sentence for child molestation and aggravated child molestation. Some offenders regained their gun rights after being convicted of crimes such as armed robbery, burglary or aggravated assault."
Old 08-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #397
henshao
Bained

Oddometer: 607
Did the crime, did the time, should have the right to defend themselves.
henshao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:04 PM   #398
ttpete
Rectum Non Bustibus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT Rider View Post
Really?

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...-with-his-gun/

"According to the record in Krauss’ trial, the former officer was dispatched to the home of a woman who called 911 alleging that her husband had hit her. Rather than arresting the husband, however, Krauss asked the victim to ride with him in his police car. Once she was in his car, “Krauss told the victim that he could take her to jail if he wanted to” or, if she did not want to be arrested, she could have sex with him instead. Krauss’ words, according to the court opinion, were “[w]e can go to the motel or you can go to jail.” At the motel, Krauss drew his service weapon and told the woman that he wanted to anally penetrate her with the gun.

"...the Georgia State Board of Pardons and Paroles restored Krauss’ right to carry a firearm. According to a Journal-Constitution tally, he is one of 358 violent felons who regained these rights over a six year period. That includes 32 violent felons who killed someone, and 44 who committed sex crimes. One man regained his right to own a gun in 2012 after serving a 10 year sentence for child molestation and aggravated child molestation. Some offenders regained their gun rights after being convicted of crimes such as armed robbery, burglary or aggravated assault."
What about the Federal law that prohibits gun ownership for anyone found guilty of ANY felony or high misdemeanor? Georgia has no jurisdiction over Federal law. Those people would have had to have their convictions expunged to be legal. If I were a cop, and one of them was found to possess a gun, I'd get BATFE or FBI involved.

That's a trashy lib website, and the article is anti-firearm propaganda that conveniently neglects to mention that those individuals are STILL Federally prohibited from owning a firearm or living where there are other people who have firearms. Next time, come up with a better story.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #399
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N

Oddometer: 8,192
Can you take the gun discussion to CSM?

Unless of course you want all of us wading in......
Guns don't kill people, people kill people but people with guns manage to kill more people than people without.
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #400
ttpete
Rectum Non Bustibus

Quote:
Originally Posted by catweasel67 View Post

It's USA specific. Doesn't concern you.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #401
Navy Chief
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by catweasel67 View Post

In the USA and I agree keep the gun talk in CSM....
Navy Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:40 PM   #402
ttpete
Rectum Non Bustibus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
In the USA and I agree keep the gun talk in CSM....
Seeing it's LEO specific, I'm surprised it hasn't gone there long ago.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #403
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,134
Sorry guys: But where exactly is this CSM forum/thread of which you speak?
Old 08-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #404
ttpete
Rectum Non Bustibus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 390beretta View Post
Sub forum of Jo Momma.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:06 AM   #405
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by 390beretta View Post
Church State & Money [CSM] is down in Jo Momma.