Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2014, 10:55 AM   #106
henshao
Bained

Oddometer: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk62cj5 View Post
I very rarely get ticketed when pulled and when I am ticketed it normally is writes up for less than it was.
My suggestions
Have your stuff ready for them
I don't recommend too much fishing around for shit before the officer actually asks. He never knows if this is going to be one of those traffic stops where a lunatic shoots at him.
henshao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:04 AM   #107
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N

Oddometer: 8,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by henshao View Post
I don't recommend too much fishing around for shit before the officer actually asks. He never knows if this is going to be one of those traffic stops where a lunatic shoots at him.
A uniquely US problem, thank god, but you make a good point.
Guns don't kill people, people kill people but people with guns manage to kill more people than people without.
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:15 PM   #108
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
I would like to know how he does not get tickets either. The last one I got (only one in 10 years) I was doing 42 in a 40. Yes I was speeding, but he wrote me up for 57 in a 40 and flat out said, take it to court, it is your word against mine and I will win.

An this was a motorcycle officer.

And yes I am old and gray and wear full AGTATT.

Marc
Did you take it to court? If not, people like you are the reason there are so many crap ass cops. If you refuse to stand and fight against something wrong, that will only embolden them and they get even more outta hand.

Many years ago I had had a speeding ticket inflated, I fought it and lost. I also made a formal complaint, one complaint means nothing. If officer jackass continues doing so and everyone made a formal complaint, he would eventually get a record of complaints that would mean something.

More recently, I had an officer lie as to the reason I was being pulled for a fishing trip. The lie infuriated me and I called the cops on the lying POS. He fabricated three tickets. I fought the tickets, I showed his superior a video proving the cop was a liar. With-in two weeks of seeing that video the lying cop {resigned for personal reasons}. I made a formal complaint and the department circled the lying POS for fear of a lawsuit and nearly 4 yrs later I have still not won my day in court, probably never will because the video was destroyed. But, that lying POS is no longer a cop for that department and I have not paid a dime in legal fees or fines for those bogus tickets.

If you get busted actually breaking the law, admit it, be humble and take your medicine. If you play, you damned well better be willing to pay. On the other hand, if you get a BS ticket for a POS LEO,,,,,,,,,,, pitch a fukin fit. Nothing worse than a POS lying cop and those POS lying cops get that way because of citizens that don't have the balls to complain.
Blue Skies Coming
Jud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #109
pinocono
Husky Dü

Oddometer: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by catweasel67 View Post
A uniquely US problem, thank god, but you make a good point.
Do you feel some obsessive-complusive need to make a snarky remark about everything?
pinocono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #110
390beretta OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinocono View Post
Do you feel some obsessive-complusive need to make a snarky remark about everything?
What he said!
Old 07-20-2014, 05:40 PM   #111
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack06 View Post
Hope your local police department chooses to depolice your residence(but they won't because the majority of officers took an oath and really believe in doing what is right) . Call a liberal pot or crackhead next time you need help. Oh forgot, you can call the crackhead a "pig " also. Maybe that will get you even more assistance...

Have a politically correct day..
Looks like someone needs their sarcasm detector recalibrated.

I was responding to the prior post about not lumping all "cops" together. I'm sure the vast majority of our nation's police are decent guys trying to do the right thing. I have nOticed a certain arrogance among the few officers I've met (outside of getting a ticket) ie... I'm not above the law I AM the law. One group I used to ride with had a few members who were police, they would routinely pass over the DY even when there was no way too see oncoming traffic. Think uphill right hand curves.

sent from a device designed specifically to annoy scottrnelson YES I do know how to change it, just never bothered as I was too busy riding my motorcycle.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:33 PM   #112
dwoodward
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Another common theme that I hear a lot, but I am surprised to hear from former LEO.....revenue.

I have 0 idea where the money from tickets go except I do know that a small portion (really small) comes back to my agency to pay for more equipment (lasers, radar, etc.)

I have never had anyone encourage me to writing tickets for revenue....ever. Never even been mentioned. In fact, my department encourages traffic stops only. Whether you write a ticket or give a warning has no bearing whatsoever.

I also have never heard this complaint from any other LEO I know that works for another agency, and if a cop I knew was being told to write tickets to generate revenue I would definitely hear about it. That sort of shit cuts to the heart of the integrity of any LEO and there would be complaints from LEO's. Big ones.
The county I live in has a traffic team chartered to support themselves from the fines on tickets they write.

http://www.co.marion.or.us/SO/Enforc...cementEDIT.htm
"In 2004, the team was restructured as a self-funding unit. This structure using funds from traffic citations versus your tax dollars. This system effectively uses funds from those contributing to traffic safety problems to enforce traffic laws and our traffic safety programs. "

To get on that team- a highly coveted position in the county- you have to write lots of tickets; once you're there, it's expected you'll write more.

To their credit- they write a lot of tickets other than "speeding" that I don't mind all that much- tailgating, cell phones, seatbelts, no insurance, no license (suspended / revoked), expired tags... Not uncommonly, several of the above for the same incident. But I still think it's a conflict of interest, and should be in violation of the state's laws regarding conflict of interest.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:57 PM   #113
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
The county I live in has a traffic team chartered to support themselves from the fines on tickets they write.

http://www.co.marion.or.us/SO/Enforc...cementEDIT.htm
"In 2004, the team was restructured as a self-funding unit. This structure using funds from traffic citations versus your tax dollars. This system effectively uses funds from those contributing to traffic safety problems to enforce traffic laws and our traffic safety programs. "

To get on that team- a highly coveted position in the county- you have to write lots of tickets; once you're there, it's expected you'll write more.

To their credit- they write a lot of tickets other than "speeding" that I don't mind all that much- tailgating, cell phones, seatbelts, no insurance, no license (suspended / revoked), expired tags... Not uncommonly, several of the above for the same incident. But I still think it's a conflict of interest, and should be in violation of the state's laws regarding conflict of interest.

I know alot of people bitch about using traffic enforcement as "revenue enhancement" but honestly, I like the idea as long as they are kept on a tight leash. Look at it this way, you have to have money to run police stations, no getting around that fact of life {I'm sure dumbass liberals don't think that but it's indeed a fact}. So, rather than force all tax payers to pay for that police presence, just "tax" the people that get busted. Think of it as a "sin tax". Wanna play in the twisties and get busted for speeding,,,, pay yer tax.

That way, the truely guilty will pay for the enforcment costs of being irresponsable. And yea, I'm sure I would be giving my fair share of tax donations as I can honestly be more than a bit irresponsable at times. But, think if it this way, simply by being responsable, once can elect not to participate in any tax collections.
Blue Skies Coming

Jud screwed with this post 07-20-2014 at 07:25 PM
Old 07-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #114
henshao
Bained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud View Post
I know alot of people bitch about using traffic enforcement as "revenue enhancement" but honestly, I like the idea as long as they are kept on a tight leash. Look at it this way, you have to have money to run police stations, no getting around that fact of life {I'm sure dumbass liberals don't think that but it's indeed a fact}. So, rather than force all tax payers to pay for that police presence, just "tax" the people that get busted. Think of it as a "sin tax". Wanna play in the twisties and get busted for speeding,,,, pay yer tax.

That way, the truely guilty will pay for the enforcment costs of being irrisponsable. And yea, I'm sure I would be giving my fair share of tax donations as I can honestly be more than a bit irrisponsable at times. But, think if it this way, simply by being responsable, once can elect not to participate in any tax collections.
If the speed limit actually makes sense, then maybe...
Old 07-20-2014, 07:30 PM   #115
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
If the speed limit actually makes sense, then maybe...
Who cares, speed is relative. If the police ask for lets say,,,, a certain road to be a 65mph max and that road can be safe at 85mph,,,, let public pressure change that road as the public {through the DOT} is ultimately who sets the speed limits. If the public is too lazy to prevent the DOT and police from setting artificially low limits, well,,,,, ya get what you want in life. Sheep sometimes are juss more than happy being sheep.

Besides, "It's all for your safety" don'cha'kno. Ask any liberal, or conservative for that matter now a days.

Sarcasm, lots of sarcasm.
Blue Skies Coming
Old 07-20-2014, 07:37 PM   #116
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

Oddometer: 22,897
The police set the speed limits where you live? It's worse than I thought
Human Ills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #117
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Ills View Post
The police set the speed limits where you live? It's worse than I thought
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud
If the police ask for lets say,,,, a certain road to be a 65mph max and that road can be safe at 85mph,,,, let public pressure change that road as the public {through the DOT} is ultimately who sets the speed limits.

You have to try harder!
Blue Skies Coming
Old 07-20-2014, 08:04 PM   #118
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

Oddometer: 22,897
Someone should tell those cops to shut up and that regulations are properly set by elected representatives or through their appointed experts. They should have no more influence over speed limits than any other citizen
Human Ills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:11 PM   #119
henshao
Bained

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud View Post
If the public is too lazy to prevent the DOT and police from setting artificially low limits,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Maximum_Speed_Law

Guess we were just an entire country of lazy fucks. Probably the same assholes who let prohibition pass!
Old 07-20-2014, 10:58 PM   #120
Jud
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Maximum_Speed_Law

Guess we were just an entire country of lazy fucks. Probably the same assholes who let prohibition pass!
Yes, for the most part we are. And it's only gonna get worse as a nation usually gets the type government it asks for,,,, or, effectively asks for based on elections. As a perfect example, that POSPOTUS we currently have.

In the case of Prohibition and the NMSL,,,, even federal asshats ultimately succumbed tp public opinion as they were both repealed, took a hell of a long time but in the end, it worked. We even had one state allow for unlimited speeds {well, Safe and Prudent anyway} after the repeal of the NMSL. That didn't last long as every asshat in the country with a fast car or bike trekked there to play Ricky Racer on public highways. Act like idiots, some idiot somewhere will try to idiot proof shit. Then, everyone, even non-idiots will suffer. Meanwhile, someone else will prove that you can indeed make better idiots to circumvent said idiot proofing. As an example, I give you,,,,,, the modern Democrat party with the modern Republican party only being slightly less so.

Anyone notice the overwhelming {to some,,,, overbearing} and underlying theme yet?
Blue Skies Coming

Jud screwed with this post 07-20-2014 at 11:14 PM