User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 11:55 AM   #1
zetabird OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
universal airboxs?

well the airbox for my pe is missing, right now its just a cone filter slapped on it but i want something alittle more water resistant without buying a used factory for 100 bucks on ebay. is anyone here running a rigged or home made one?
zetabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:32 PM   #2
athomerecords25
Vintage YZ *****

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetabird View Post
well the airbox for my pe is missing, right now its just a cone filter slapped on it but i want something alittle more water resistant without buying a used factory for 100 bucks on ebay. is anyone here running a rigged or home made one?

Most of the people here whom restore bikes will tell you to keep watching ebay until you find the correct airbox for cheap (they will pop up, I got an 1983 Yamaha YZ490 airbox for $28).

Yet as a Teen I had a buddy who's dad was great at fabricating parts (he was a Janitor by trade and not a metal worker) and when a bike was missing an airbox, he would just use the front airbox mounts to start with and build a basic square airbox out of sheet metal.

Same guy welded my frame on my 1982 Suzuki RM125. Never once had a problem with it. In typing this out, I actually need to track him down to do some work on a few of my bikes.
athomerecords25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #3
zetabird OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
i was thinking about makeing a metal one here at the shop i work at, may give it a try
zetabird is offline   Reply With Quote