ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #1
602 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Tennessee Knockout Enduro

Hi All,

My name is Matthew and I am headed east from the Rocky Mountains and coming to Tennessee to race TKO in just a few weeks. I'll be arriving in TN on Monday August 11th. I am looking for some places to ride during the week prior to the event. Of course, any locals who are free, I would love to ride with.

I have been doing some initial research and I am not finding may places to go ride. Can anyone point me in the right direction? My plan is to stay in the Murfreesboro area Mon - Thur of that week. I need a day or two so I can get out and at least jet one of the bikes. I'll be racing a '13 KX450, so no need to concern with any carb adjustments. But, my girlfriend will be bringing her '12 GasGas 300XC and we will need to spend some time swapping brass.

The Trials Training Center is closed until the race, so there is no available riding there. Being from Colorado, we have websites like, staythetrail.com that will list all the public riding for the state. I haven't been able to find an equivalent for TN.

Earlier this year I raced King of Motos. TKO is going to mark my second entry at a hard enduro. Check out the write up that I completed for that race.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=950523

Cheers!

Matthew
602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #2
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Oddometer: 6,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by 602 View Post
Hi All,

My name is Matthew and I am headed east from the Rocky Mountains and coming to Tennessee to race TKO in just a few weeks. I'll be arriving in TN on Monday August 11th. I am looking for some places to ride during the week prior to the event. Of course, any locals who are free, I would love to ride with.

I have been doing some initial research and I am not finding may places to go ride. Can anyone point me in the right direction? My plan is to stay in the Murfreesboro area Mon - Thur of that week. I need a day or two so I can get out and at least jet one of the bikes. I'll be racing a '13 KX450, so no need to concern with any carb adjustments. But, my girlfriend will be bringing her '12 GasGas 300XC and we will need to spend some time swapping brass.

The Trials Training Center is closed until the race, so there is no available riding there. Being from Colorado, we have websites like, staythetrail.com that will list all the public riding for the state. I haven't been able to find an equivalent for TN.

Earlier this year I raced King of Motos. TKO is going to mark my second entry at a hard enduro. Check out the write up that I completed for that race.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=950523

Cheers!

Matthew
Easiest bet is Prentice Cooper, about 45 minutes SE of Murfreesboro.

http://www.stateparks.com/prentice_cooper.html

More challenging than Prentice, but farther away is LBL - Turkey bay. It's about 2:15 from M'boro.
http://www.lbl.org/OHV.html

Give me a shout when you get in town, I work all week but can give you a dry spot to wrench if you need it.

FYI, M'boro is about 600' ASL, Trials center is a couple hundred feet higher.

iyaoyas98 screwed with this post 08-05-2014 at 08:48 AM
iyaoyas98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:32 PM   #3
jagger_snitt
Pencil Pushing Dream

Oddometer: 53
Talk to the Crew at The Trials Training Center,there are trails right down the road from their location,but it is a ride at your own risk,no map place locals go. The Trials Training center might let you park at their location(for security) and ride down into the "Copenger's Cove" area.This will be the best practice and best "technical" riding that you can get in our area. the only other area worth checking out is Windrock/Coal Creek
http://www.windrockpark.com/
but that's a good trip from Jasper,Tn.
My friend other two riding buddies will be competing in the TKO this year also,I'm just going to be the pit monkey(I haven't rode enough this year),we will mostlikely be riding in
The Cove" on Saturday,if for some reason you come in earlier. If you need any help,or further details let me know. LBL is a good choice,There is more riding further toward East,Tn or North,Ga.
01 KTM300EXC
01 KTM200EXC
jagger_snitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:08 PM   #4
TanasiRob
Squid Emeritus

Oddometer: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagger_snitt View Post
Talk to the Crew at The Trials Training Center,there are trails right down the road from their location,but it is a ride at your own risk,no map place locals go. The Trials Training center might let you park at their location(for security) and ride down into the "Copenger's Cove" area.This will be the best practice and best "technical" riding that you can get in our area. the only other area worth checking out is Windrock/Coal Creek
there's your best advice. See you at the TKO.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
602 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Thanks to all for their kind and generous offers. I have had several folks pm me some great information. Combine that with the information shared in this thread and I have a good list of places to check out next week.

I really appreciate all of the help. This is going to give us a good boost in our bike testing efforts.
602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:17 AM   #6
advtenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,351
Good luck in the race!

I will be on the side lines looking for you and cheering you on.

"My body thinks my brains gone crazy" ..........Corky McMillian
advtenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #7
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,482
Have a great race, 602!

Is that the number on your bike? We need to make sure we are cheering for the right bikes.
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield
TroyJ650 is offline   Reply With Quote